Global Cambridge College (GCC) is a British oriented sixth form co-educational boarding and day college. It is one of the Nigeria’s independent colleges that after the Cambridge A’ Levels, IGCSE courses and International Degree Foundation Programme (IDFP), placing students in top Universities in the United Kingdom, Europe and USA. ADMISSION IN PROGESSES INTO ANY OF THESE EXAMS (CAMBRIDGE A LEVEL, DFP, SAT/TOEFL/IELTS/EFL, CAMBRIDGE IGCSE, GCC SUMMER COACHING ) IN OUR COLLEGE ARE STATED BELOW.
STUDENTS ADMISSION POLICIES, REQUIREMENTS, RULES & REGULATIONS
STUDENTS ADMISSION POLICY Global Cambridge College (GCC) is a British oriented sixth form co-educational boarding and day college. It is one of the Nigeria’s independent colleges that after the Cambridge A’ Levels, IGCSE courses and International Degree Foundation Programme (IDFP), placing students in top Universities in the United Kingdom, Europe and USA. Admission to GCC is based on the following criteria
- Entrance examination results:
- Academic Results:
Candidate to be admitted should :
- Possess five credits minimum including mathematics and English at 0’Level for unconditional admission.
- Candidates with three (3) credits can be admitted conditionally. However, the candidates would be placed on one-on-one to prepare them on the deficient area in their 0’ Level papers.
- A student who is still deficient in two (2) sittings at 0’Level is regarded as not having full result; such student should go back to IGCSE class and retake all the papers.
- Student with more than two (2) deficient should still go back to IGCSE.
- Candidate awaiting their SSCE or IGCSE results should present academic transcript. They should possess a minimum of five (5) credits including maths and English, at Mock exam results, for a conditional admission.
- Every student awaiting result must be issued with a conditional admission letter. Should the student not meet the required result when the result is released, such student should be reverted to do IGCSE class to complete the required grade. All IGCSE/WAEC/NECO results must be submitted to the counselor not less than one (1) week after the results have been officially released. Anyone that fails to do so will not be allowed to continue classes..
- Interview with parents and candidates.
- Information about students and their families, obtained on the course of the interview will be kept strictly confidential.
- Required age of entry.
- Recommendations from two (2) referee should be obtained.
- Pay a non- refundable fee of Five thousand (N5,000) in bank draft/or cheque to cover payment for the Entrance Examination, Enrolment pack and interview as well as ensure a place on the waiting list for admission in the relevant year.
- Candidate is to obtain and complete the college’s enrolment information Form from Academic Secretary or Download here:
admission-form. You may also fill the form online here
Note: All admission forms downloaded online should be filled and sent back to the school’s official email.Check the footer of any page on this website for contact details.
Admission Committee The college has en admission committee which is solely responsible for interviewing new students checking their results and recommending them for admission. Please feel free to contact the Principal on 0803 466 1034 if you have any queries.
Step by Step Admission Procedure
Step 1 When an enquirer comes into the premises, the first point of call is the receptionist. The receptionist will interact with the person and direct the person to the marketing officer. Step 2 In the absence of the marketing Officer, the enquirer will see the student affairs officer, the principal should see the enquirer. Step 3 After the counseling and registration formalities, if the enquirer or his/her ward is interested in continuing admission process, he/she will be directed to the Principal/Admission Committee who will organize the entrance test if he /she has not taken the entrance test. Step 4 After the test, scripts are marked, the candidate will meet again with the admission committee for an oral interview. The Oral Interview is followed by a letter of conditional/unconditional admission as well as the invoice from the Accounting Department. Step 5 After payment, students will meet the Admin Department for further information.
School fees and other charges applicable per term would be communicated in writing to parents in form of a bill. All fees are to be paid at the first week of the term to the designated bank account.
Account details will be made available at the school when application form is returned.